It’s race day on Sunday for the boys & girls of NASCAR!!
- Date: Sunday, May 23, 2021
- TV-Time: FS1, 2:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Circuit of the Americas
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Distance: 231 miles, 68 laps
This should be a dandy as Nascar takes to the Circuit of the Americas for the very first time over a course with 20 turns usually something we are accustomed to seeing with both Indy car racing and Formula 1 racing.
Today marks the 14th race of the NASCAR Cup Series and with rain in the forecast today 80% this will be a wide open race where anyone can take the checkered flag.
When you talk road course you can’t help not to mention Chase Elliott who is (+240) to win today’s race. On road courses the No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports driver also leads all drivers with six stage wins on road courses. Elliott posted the fifth-fastest time in Saturday’s practice session, but fact of the matter he still remains without a win this season.
Martin Truex Jr., is another driver this course layout should appeal too as he has four career road-course victories to his name and is currently listed at (+450) to win today.
Remember you can wager on today’s race at AMERICASBOOKIE !
• Chase Elliott has won four of the last five road-course races and has finished sixth or better in seven of the last nine.
• Fresh off his victory at Dover, Alex Bowman has finished in the top 10 in three of his last four road-course starts.
• Ryan Blaney’s 2018 win at the Charlotte Roval is the only road course win for Ford in the last 10 races
• The race winner started in the top 10 in eight of the last 10 road-course races.
• Elliott (5) and Martin Truex Jr. (3) won eight of the last 10 road-course races.
Chase Elliott +240
Martin Truex Jr. +450
Denny Hamlin +900 (LS)
Kyle Busch +1300
Ryan Blaney +1400
Kyle Larson +1400
Picks for today’s race are in BOLD.
Longshot Picks 9-1 or better.
Denny Hamlin who hasn’t won yet in 2021 after seven wins last season.