Oklahoma (5-0) and Texas (4-1) will meet for the 117th time this Saturday at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas.
oklahoma has won the last 4 meetings between the two teams but that hasn’t even put a dent in the advantage texas holds in this series (62-49-5) all-time.
America’s Bookie opened this game with the following numbers.
Opening Line: Oklahoma (-5.5) O/U (63.5)
Current Line: Oklahoma (-3.0) O/U (63.5)
Oklahoma is 5-1 straight up in the last six games against Texas.
Oklahoma improved to 5-0 overall and 2-0 in the Big 12 following a 37-31 victory over the Kansas State Wildcats.Quarterback Spencer Rattler passed for 243 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, while running back Kennedy Brooks rushed for 91 yards and one touchdown.
Texas improved to 4-1 overall and 2-0 in the Big 12 following a 32-27 victory over the TCU Horned Frogs on Saturday. Quarterback Casey Thompson passed for 142 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
The Sooners are an explosive team and they are going to put up points in bunches.The Sooners fell behind TCU 21-7 but stuck to the game plan and prevailed.
Oklahoma has a decent offence which is averaging 38 points and 433 yards per match.Oklahoma’s problem has been its consistency. They haven’t been able to destroy teams as most of their games against FBS opponents got decided by a very small margin.
Oklahoma Stats And Trends
- Oklahoma has posted one win against the spread this season.
- As a 3.5-point favorite or greater, the Sooners have one win ATS (1-4) this season.
- This year, three of Oklahoma’s five games have gone over the point total.
- Oklahoma games have finished with more than 63.5 points three times so far this year.
- Sooners games this season have posted an average total of 61.4, which is 2.1 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
In the past five matchups between these two teams, Oklahoma has a 4-1 advantage over Texas. Oklahoma has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 200 points while Texas scored 171.
Texas Stats And Trends
- Against the spread, Texas is 4-1-0 this year.
- Out of five Texas games so far this year, three have gone over the total.
- Texas games have finished with over 63.5 points just one time this year.
- Games involving the Longhorns this year have averaged 58.8 points per game, a 4.7-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Prediction: Oklahoma 42- Texas 31