A new year of Standardbred racing begins Sunday evening here in Maryland when Rosecroft opens its Winter-Spring Meet of racing with a 14-race program.
The 37-day meet will feature live racing Sunday and Wednesday. There will be additional live programs on Monday, April 5 and Saturday, May 15.
First race post is 7:15 p.m and we have your selections listed below.
All selections have been made prior to any reported scratches on the program.
HPIbet, the leading ‘go to’ destination for betting on horse racing. We put you at the forefront of the action with access to over 450 racetracks displaying the best in Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing from all over the world – North America, Europe, South Africa, Dubai, Japan, and Australia. Connect to HPIbet from anywhere– at home, work, or any hotspot in your city – and conveniently place bets, review handicapping statistics, and watch races on your Smartphone, Tablet or PC. Accessible 24/7 on a reliable platform that ensures privacy and safeguards your information, you get peace of mind, the necessary tools to make winning bets and the thrill of horse racing any where, any time with HPIbet.
Online horse betting has never been easier. Be sure to register today for all of your online race book and online horse betting needs.
Opening Night Selections Sunday Jan 17th,2021 From Nahupicks
Sunday January 17th,2021
1) best when on the lead. That’s where he’s headed- SECOND $8.00 $5.60
4) always close. Needs a flat line though, which is iffy
6) gets Pat Berry to drive. The setup looks favorable
7) he has recency which is my winning factor- SECOND $2.20 $2.20
2) faced tougher lately. Inside trip has him close again
6) good form but he has to get brought up into it
3) tons of back class and he likes the bigger track- OFF THE BOARD
1) great form and inside post. The one to knock off
6) likes the 5/8 ovals and is always an exotics player
4) drops back to his favorite level. Solid play here- THIRD $2.90
1) another dropper that will stay close throughout
3) way off form but class alone puts him in the mix
6) new barn could be the key to form reversal-WINNER $7.30 $4.00 $3.00
3) likely fires again but needs a little more late
5) not a winning type but should play in exotics again
3) finishes better than these so he just has to be close-WINNER $3.50 $2.90 $4.40
2) major post relief. I’m using with my top pick
7) needs to pass some horses. Exotics only tonight
2) definite value of the race. He may get a pocket trip here-OFF THE BOARD
1) looks obvious from the rail. Must use all over
3) another that fits well. He needs a trip though
7) I like the driver change and setup chances. Take value WINNER $58.20 $18.30 $4.50
3) a player but he is a one way horse. Speed coming
5) is versatile and gets a good post. Using with others
6) was solid off the layoff. Expect better here-SECOND $4.00 $2.90
2) sharp form since adding lasix. No value though
1) post advantage helps. If he can finish better, watch out
3) I love the form and can’t go elsewhere yet. Must use- OFF THE BOARD
2) faces easier tonight. He has to avoid first over though
6) drops in class but isn’t a lock. Solid play with a setup
6) he’s got a start this year and makes sense to win this-WINNER $3.30 $2.20 $2.70
2) very hit or miss. Inside post certainly helps his chances
5) has the speed if he can work out a trip against tougher
2) he’s not supposed to get beat by any of these horses-THIRD $3.00
8) tough draw here. If close enough, he can blow by late
1) might steal a fraction with little outside speed early
6) crushed similar two starts back. Loving the value here-OFF THE BOARD
1) very obvious. Pocket sitter chance makes him tough
5) hasn’t won much lately but this is a nice spot to use him
5) the break likely helped him. He’s firing hard-OFF THE BOARD
4) very sharp since the claim. Must use once again. Value!
6) loves covered trips and he’s extremely sharp lately